Wednesday 3 November 2010

Long time away

Alas I have neglected my blog due to a mixture of reasons mainly exams and other business.
Lots of racing though since March
The first race was Midgely Moor and perhaps my least favourite run of the year despite finishing 1st junior. It was a real struggle through the tussocky sections and I ended up losing lots of time taking a route suggested by Mounsey.

April

1st race of the month was Rivington Pike- not really a fell race due to the large amount of road and ultimately the race that led to a 4 month battle with a knee injury.

Then on to a firm favourite Herod Farm fell race, I ran my fastest time for all 3 years I have done it but had a twinge of disapointment not to keep up with Ian from Dark Peak.

That weekend I headed to Blaenau Ffestiniog in Wales for a WFRA junior champs race at the Moelwyn 3 peaks. I felt slightly aggrieved after the long journey to miss out on the win due to the marshall making a mistake but even so 2nd was a good result ahead of the Waltz.

Anniversary Waltz hosted the opening FRA junior championship of the year and I found myself at the bottom of my age group against some stiff competition but I felt prepared due to a hard winters training and eventually I grabbed 13th place to kickstart what was a pretty successful summer period.

No comments:

Post a Comment