Sunday 21 February 2010

Long time no see

Well its been a while since i posted so here is the low down. I got injured with Achilles Tendonitis and then went to Munich and since then ive just neglected my blog really. I managed to get out for 3 days good running in Germany but wont write about them today.

This week I felt tired after a Chew valley skyline reccy on sunday so thats 14 miles 2000feet of ascent.

14m 2000ft

No running on monday or tuesday due to general fatigue and a bit of a cold.

On wednesday I did 2 runs one to the swimming baths and back so 4 miles at around 7 minute miles and then a tediously slow run with my mate Josh and his friend Callum. The snow was down on the tops and it was white out rendering local knowledge useless even so we did about 7 miles.

11 miles 1100ft

Thursday- road run with Andy through Mossley, one lap of Greenfield and then back up Roughtown road. Andy is getting fit again so I struggled coming up the Wellihole but it was in the end a good 5 mile run.

5miles

Friday-Wasnt in a running mood really but dragged myself out for a swift 8 miles or so round saddleworth averaging 7:20 miles. Quite enjoyable but my knee started to play up.

Saturday- 13 miles on the fell with Phil and Andy. A variation of the Ravenstones fell race course with an addition of ascending Wimberry and coming off Alphin. Quite hard at first but legs loosened up eventually and it set me up well for the Ilkley Moor race

13 miles

Sunday- Ilkley Moor, my first real test of the season with all to play for, extensive prizes that I liked the look of and a tenner bet with a mate (kind of). Had a steady start and was climbing really well even in the slippy ice, huge credit to my X-Talons. Never had a problem winning the tenner but my navigation let me down on a flagged course. Couldnt see the flag ahead and lost a minute or so which eventually led to me nbeing squeezed out for 3rd U/18. Pretty happy though 50th out of 215 isnt too bad especially when I havent started any speed work yet so all eyes forward to a hopefully successful summer season (alliteration :))

No comments:

Post a Comment